Over the holidays there are many treats to go around. To bring a special treat to the table this year, try making Christmas Cookie Bars that the whole family will enjoy and want more of.
Joel Foley, a junior at FPC, was asked about what treats get him into the Christmas spirit, “Cookies get me in the Christmas spirit because I used to leave out cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve.”
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
This recipe makes 18-36 servings depending on how they are cut.
1 ½ cups of Christmas M&Ms
3 large eggs
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup mini chocolate chips, for inside and topping.
½ cup of white chocolate chips
3 cups of all purpose flour
¾ teaspoon of baking soda
¾ teaspoon of salt
1 ½ teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil and leave some out of the dish to make removal of the bars much easier. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar together until airy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, continue mixing.
- Lower the speed of your mixer and add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until all is combined.
- Add the M&M’s and mini chocolate chips and stir. Save some M&M’s, mini chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips for topping the cookie bars.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared dish.
- Put the extra M&M’s, white chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips on the top of the cookie dough.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Once done let cool then cut.
Categories: How To